Welcome to my blog.

Please take the time to read these introductory posts.

        How It All Began

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Why a Blog?

In LDS culture, but also in the general culture of the United States, a sexual addiction is seen as something very different from a substance addiction.

If you hear someone mention in church that they’re a recovering alcoholic – you’ll applaud them, congratulate them – you’ll be proud of them for taking steps to be sober. If you hear someone speak of how they once were addicted to tobacco, you wouldn’t really think anything of it, except to be proud that they could overcome the addiction.

But if someone you meet tells you they have a sexual addiction, how would you react?



The purpose of this blog is to record my recovery story. I’m putting it on the Internet step by step, as I go, so that you can get a sense of what recovery is like.

Perhaps you have an addiction you want to be free of, perhaps someone you know, or love, has an addiction. Perhaps you’re a good person who wants to understand this problem more so that you can be more compassionate and supportive.

Whatever your reason for reading this, I hope you’ll take away a few things:

            Greater compassion
            Increased understanding
            Greater faith in Jesus Christ
            A deeper understanding of grace
            Ways to be supportive of addicts
            Where to go if you need help
            An insight into a real person’s recovery


This blog is real time – I am not free of my addiction – but I have hope and faith in the Lord that he can “make weak things become strong.” I am writing this anonymously, but hope to someday let you know who I am. I hope that someday people will not be so afraid to admit that they have a sexual addiction. I hope that someday people will have more compassion and less judgement.

It is because of hope that I am telling my story.

I hope that I can help you find compassion
and faith.

1 comment:

Mike said...

This is wonderful, thank you for posting this.